WBD Inc. is seeking a Small Business Loan Closer to work in our Madison office.
We are looking for a quality-focused, detail-oriented team player with an interest in supporting small business growth. WBD Loan Closers interact with borrowers, bankers, insurance companies, and other agencies as part of the U.S. Small Business Administration (SBA) lending process.
Works with staff to facilitate loan closings. Assists with development and implementation of specialized loan closing training for other closing staff. Works closely with legal counsel in development of a continuously improving closing process.
Essential job Functions:
• Manage information flow and create complete and thorough process documentation—enabling attorneys to cost-effectively generate quality loan documents.
• Call and lead pre-closing meetings involving borrowers, bankers, loan officers, and/or attorneys (if applicable). Review SBA authorization, confirm actual project costs, obtain missing items, inform bankers of progress and of the take-out process.
• Manage loan documentation process of attorneys by initiating loan documentation, providing letter of request (engagement), providing all applicable and necessary information, and following up as needed.
• Obtain loan and security documentation from the borrower by calling and leading loan closing meetings, contacting borrowers to set up meetings (may include lenders and loan officers), assuring applicable loan and security documents are signed, following up with borrowers if document signing is not complete at the meeting, and providing notary services.
• Initiate and assure processing of mortgages and assignments of mortgages to SBA through title companies—ensuring they are recorded properly.
• Experience in a financial-related field
• Commercial loan closing or processing preferred
• A degree in a finance-related field
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to work within a team and independently
• Strong time-management skills
• Ability to work in a deadline-driven environment
Personal Attributes Required
• This person must have effective interaction and collaborative skills and demonstrate a positive, welcoming, and professional manner in person and on the telephone.
• Must be able to maintain self-control under stressful situations and manage deadlines without exhibiting negative behaviors.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Must have good grammar, spelling, punctuation and intermediate math abilities.
• Must have good time management skills (handle multiple priorities simultaneously).
• Moderate PC skills, particularly in Excel. Other PC software includes Word, Outlook, etc.
• Good customer service skills are essential.
• General knowledge of loan servicing/processing, governmental regulations and commercial loan documentation requirements is helpful.
• Knowledge of SBA structure or prior banking or mortgage experience is helpful.
• Able to act independently and as a team member with a diverse group.
• Depends on experience
To apply, please submit a resume and a cover letter to email@example.com
To learn more about WBD, visit www.wbd.org.